What is the RISE Program?
The RISE Program provides free legal resources and support to people who have experienced sexual violence and workplace sexual harassment.
Our legal resources include:
- Legal information;
- Free advice from a lawyer for up to four hours;
- Support navigating the justice system; and
- Referrals to other community support services.
The RISE Program has been made possible by a five-year funding agreement with Justice Canada and a two-year funding agreement with the PEI Department of Justice and Public Safety.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this program, you must be:
- A victim of sexual violence or workplace sexual harassment;
- A current resident of PEI and/or a person who experienced sexual violence or workplace sexual harassment on PEI; and
- At least 16 years or older.
We are here to help. Our services are confidential.
You can share as much or as little information with us as you are comfortable with. Contacting us does not mean you have to take legal action. We are here to support you to make the right decision for you.